Gulf Restoration Updates from the Gulf of Mexico Alliance, December 19, 2014
Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council
The Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council has two items open for public comment:
1. Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council's Competitive Process for Selection of the State of Alabama's Center of Excellence: click here to view the proposed documents. The 45-day public comment period will end February 2, 2015.
2. The Draft Process Selection Framework for First Round MIP Development is also available for a 30-day public comment period that will end on January 18, 2015. View the proposed flow chart document.
Comments may be submitted online to email@example.com or mailed to the Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council, 118 N. Royal Street, Suite 603, Mobile, AL 36602.
NOAA RESTORE Act Science Program
Federal Funding Opportunity FFO-2015 This is the program's first opportunity and will address three topical areas:
* ecosystem and living marine resources management, including fisheries;
* climate change and extreme weather impacts on sustainability of restoration; and
* integration of social, behavioral, and economic science into restoration and management of the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem.
Letters of intent are due by January 30, 2015 and the deadline for submitting full proposals is March 17, 2015.
National Academy of Sciences - Gulf Research Program
Exploratory Grants Award Year 2015 Award topics for 2015 program will include:
* exploring approaches for effective education and training of workers in the offshore oil and gas industry and health professions; and
* linking ecosystem services related to and influenced by oil and gas production to human health and well being.
Letters of intent are due by January 29, 2015. Full proposals are due March 30, 2015. A letter of intent is required for this funding opportunity.
Gulf Sea Grant Funding Opportunities - Biennial Call for Statements of Interest
Gulf of Mexico Sea Grant organizations are releasing their biennial call for proposals December 2014 and January 2015. Those interested in applying, should go to the individual state programs for specific information:
* Florida Sea Grant 2016-2017 Biennial Call for Statements of Interest will open on January 5, 2015.
* Louisiana Sea Grant Request for Proposals is open. Statements of Interest are due February 6, 2015.
* Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium Request for Proposals is open. The deadline for pre-proposals is February 20, 2015.
* Texas Sea Grant opportunity will be opened in January 2015.
EPA Gulf Guardian Awards - nominations deadline is January 15, 2015!!
The EPA Gulf of Mexico Program Gulf Guardian Awards program is currently accepting nominations. The deadline is January 15, 2015. Applications are available in English and Spanish. There are multiple award categories and nominations need not be restricted to those in the Gulf of Mexico region. View past winners here.